CES 2018 Announces Celebrity Lineup
An all-star array of speakers and appearances from big names in sports, music, movies, TV technology and more
Las Vegas, NV, January 5, 2018 - The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) announced today an extensive list of celebrities slated to appear at CES® 2018 in Las Vegas.
Entertainers and other figures from sports, music, movies, TV, and technology will appear throughout the week celebrating technology through speaking engagements, signing autographs, and meeting conference attendees.
"We're bringing the stars to Vegas," said Karen Chupka, senior vice president, CES and corporate business strategy. "What makes it even more special is that nearly all of these entertainers and other celebrities are involved in some of the most interesting technology efforts out there. So it's exciting to have star power on hand - we always do - but it's also exciting to get the unique insight of these folks on how they're partnering in cutting-edge projects."
Celebrity speakers and appearances include, but are not limited to:
- Singer and actor Ray J - Raycon Global Inc. booth (11239) - Everyday 12-4 PM, special performances at 1:30 PM
- Professional stock car driver Cassie Gannis - Mizco booth (31129)
- Rapper Iggy Azalea, rock musician Joe Perry, celebrity fisherman Peter Millerand gamer Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel - Monster booth (16006)
Monday, January 8
- Actor Neil Patrick Harris - C Space Storyteller: Samba TV - Monday, Jan. 8, 2-2:30 PM
Tuesday, January 9
- Guitarist Tommy Shaw - Gibson tent - Tuesday, Jan. 9 12-12:30 PM
- Olympic medalist Nastia Liukin - The Future of Fan Engagement - Tuesday, Jan. 9, 1:45-2:30 PM
- Rock band STYX - Universal Music Group booth (14735) - Tuesday, Jan. 9 - 2 PM
- Musician Slash - Gibson tent - Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2 PM
- Olympic medalist Usain Bolt - Gibson tent - Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2:30 PM
- North America Scrabble Champion Will Anderson - ITRI booth (25611) - Tuesday, Jan. 9, 3 PM
Wednesday, January 10
- Digital influencer and star Gigi Gorgeous - Stealing the Show - Best in Brand Storytelling - Wednesday, Jan. 10 - 11:30 AM-12:10 PM
- Hip-hop artist Delyric Oracle - Ningbo Makon Innovation Technology Co., Ltd. booth (35775) - Wednesday, Jan. 10, 12 PM
- Former NBA star Baron Davis - The New Age of Hitmaking - Wednesday, Jan. 10, 12:10-12:50 PM
- Former NBA star Shaquille O'Neal - Ring booth (42525) - Wednesday, Jan. 10, 1 PM
- R&B singer Akon - Up In The Lab booth (31816) - Wednesday, Jan. 10, 1-4 PM
- Professional squash athlete Miguel A. Rodriguez - Coollang booth (45431) - Tuesday, Jan. 9, 11 AM-12 PM, and Wednesday, Jan. 10, 1:30-3 PM
- Actor Norman Reedus - Headline Conversation: The Walking Dead - Wednesday, Jan. 10, 1:50-2:25 PM
- Former NBA star Shaquille O'Neal and former WWE star Natalie Eva Marie - ELEAGUE Street Fighter® V Celebrity Showdown Live - Wednesday, Jan. 10, 3:30-6 PM
Thursday, January 11
- Mehmet Oz, M.D. - SleepScore Labs booth (43726) - Thursday, Jan. 11
- Actor Neil Patrick Harris and Former NFL star Terrell Owens - Samba TV booth (ARIA - CS-10) - Thursday, Jan. 11, 10 AM-2 PM
- Players Only - featuring former NBA stars Chris Webber, Baron Davis, Dennis Scott, Isiah Thomas and WNBA player Elena Delle Donne - Thursday, Jan. 11, 12-12:45 PM
- ELLE USA Editor-in-Chief Nina Garcia - The Female Equation: A Global Dialogue of Connection + Support - Thursday, Jan. 11, 2:15-3:15 PM
- Country singer Clare Dunn - Universal Music Group booth (14735) - Thursday, Jan. 11 - 3 PM
Friday, January 12
- WPP CEO Sir Martin Sorrell - Conversation: Sir Martin Sorrell - Friday, Jan. 12, 10-11 AM
- MLB pitcher Trevor May - Between Sports and Esports - Friday, Jan. 12, 11-11:45 AM
Owned and produced by CTA, CES 2018 will run January 9-12, 2018, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
* * *
Take a look at three new areas at CES 2018. High-definition video b-roll from CES is available for easy download on CESbroll.com. See exclusive photos from the CES show floor, keynotes, conference sessions, events and award ceremonies in the CES photo gallery.
Produced by the Consumer Technology Association, Inside CES 2018 - Trends and Takeaways provides a complete overview of the entirety of CES, including exclusive CTA research and trend analysis not available anywhere else. Ensure you understand the most important trends impacting the tech industry in the year ahead. Learn more and order your copy today.
CES® is the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years-the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, it attracts the world's business leaders and pioneering thinkers. Check out CES video highlights. Follow CES online at CES.tech and on social.
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is the trade association representing the $321 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies - 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world's best known brands - enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® - the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA's industry services.
- CES Media Days
January 7-8, Las Vegas, NV
- CES Unveiled Las Vegas
January 7, Las Vegas, NV
- CES 2018 - Register
January 9-12, Las Vegas, NV
- CES Asia 2018
June 13-15, Shanghai, China
Photos by Helen Velez
Written by Ryan Quon